New Year’s Eve is a time to celebrate the end of one year and the beginning of another. It’s a night to reflect on the past year and set goals for the year ahead. One of the best ways to celebrate New Year’s Eve is by curling up on the couch with a good movie. Here are 14 of the best movies to watch on New Year’s Eve:
- “When Harry Met Sally”: This classic romantic comedy is perfect for a cozy night in on New Year’s Eve. Follow the story of Harry and Sally as they navigate through their tumultuous relationship and try to figure out if they can be more than just friends.
- “New Year’s Eve”: This romantic comedy is set on New Year’s Eve and follows a series of interconnecting stories as various characters try to ring in the new year.
- “Love Actually”: This heartwarming romantic comedy follows the lives of several couples as they navigate the ups and downs of love during the holiday season.
- “The Apartment”: This classic romantic comedy follows the story of a man who tries to climb the corporate ladder by lending out his apartment to his boss for romantic trysts. Things get complicated when he falls for the elevator operator.
- “Serendipity”: This romantic comedy follows the story of two people who meet by chance on Christmas Eve and then spend years trying to find each other again.
- “The Time Traveler’s Wife”: This romantic drama follows the story of a man who has a genetic disorder that causes him to time travel unpredictably. He falls in love with a woman who is also struggling with the challenges of his condition.
- “The Holiday”: This romantic comedy follows the story of two women who swap homes for the holidays and end up falling in love with men from the other side of the world.
- “Annie Hall”: This classic romantic comedy follows the story of a man and a woman who try to navigate their relationship despite their differences.
- “The Notebook”: This romantic drama follows the story of a man who reads a love story to a woman suffering from dementia, hoping to jog her memory and help her remember their own love story.
- “The Princess Bride”: This classic romantic comedy follows the story of a young woman who is rescued by a dashing pirate and the adventures they have together.
- “When a Man Loves a Woman”: This romantic drama follows the story of a couple as they navigate the challenges of addiction and recovery.
- “Bridget Jones’s Diary”: This romantic comedy follows the story of a single woman trying to navigate the ups and downs of love and life in London.
- “A Clockwork Orange”: This classic science fiction film follows the story of a young man who is brainwashed in an attempt to cure his violent tendencies.
- “Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind”: This romantic drama follows the story of a couple who undergo a procedure to erase all memories of each other, only to realize that they still love each other.
No matter what movie you choose to watch on New Year’s Eve, make sure to curl up with a cozy blanket and some popcorn and enjoy the start of the new year.
Happy New Year!